Want to reduce your footprint, grow better veggies, and improve the earth?
Have you considered composting?
Hi, we’re Seth and Kirstie and we love dirt. We also love durt, this website that we created to help you create the best compost possible in your home or backyard. Whether you want to grow more veggies, improve your grass, or reduce or food waste, we can make it happen.
Join me as we jump into the world of composting and create a thriving community where you can ask questions, get help and, when you’re experienced, help others in turn.
Want to get started composting or improve your systems? Of course you do. Let’s do this.
Tools and Gear Reviews
You could start composting with just some scraps, and a pointy stick. These things will just make it easier.
Will it Compost?
Whether you want to know about grass clippings or dead squirrels we’ve probably tried to compost it.
We’d love to see you socially! Join our communities:
Check out some of our recent posts
- Testing and Amending Your Soil’s pH (With Compost!)Let’s be serious for a second, soil pH isn’t that important for the average gardener. Unless you have something very wrong with your soil pH and you’re trying to … Read more
- Can I Compost Pine Cones and Pine Needles?Gardening lore saying that pine needles are bad for compost and the garden has been around a long time. But this doesn’t make it true. In fact, I wasn’t … Read more
- Composting Eggs & Eggshells: Everything You Need to KnowComposting guides often passively mention that you should compost eggshells and talk about how this common kitchen leftover can benefit your garden in compost tea and pest control. But … Read more
- Is Parchment Paper Compostable?Parchment paper is the go-to tool for home bakers and individuals who routinely cooks things in their oven. It turns any pan or dish into a functioning non-stick surface … Read more
- Can I Add Worms to My Compost Tumbler?It seems like every time I hang out on composting forums I see the same question being asked over and over, “my compost tumbler seems slow, should I add … Read more
- Why is my compost not breaking down?When I first got a compost tumbler I checked on it every single day. Sometimes multiple times per day. It didn’t take long until I came to the conclusion … Read more