Want to reduce your footprint, grow better veggies, and improve the earth?
Have you considered composting?
Hi, we’re Seth and Kirstie and we love dirt. We also love durt, this website that we created to help you create the best compost possible in your home or backyard. Whether you want to grow more veggies, improve your grass, or reduce or food waste, we can make it happen.
Join me as we jump into the world of composting and create a thriving community where you can ask questions, get help and, when you’re experienced, help others in turn.
Want to get started composting or improve your systems? Of course you do. Let’s do this.
Tools and Gear Reviews
You could start composting with just some scraps, and a pointy stick. These things will just make it easier.
Will it Compost?
Whether you want to know about grass clippings or dead squirrels we’ve probably tried to compost it.
We’d love to see you socially! Join our communities:
Check out some of our recent posts
- Does Composting Kill Weed Seeds?Composting is an amazing method for converting biomass into a nutrient-rich medium that nourishes your plants, protects them from disease, and ensures a bountiful harvest. For home gardeners, one … Read more
- Can You Compost Newspaper and Junk Mail?As a gardener and sustainability-minded individual it brings me grief to receive garbage in the form of Junk Mail. For many, figuring out the most environmentally-friendly manner to dispose … Read more
- Can You Compost Moldy Food and Rotten Fruit?We all LOVE fruit. It’s the most primordial and instinctively delicious food there is. Like most people, I’ve been guilty of leaving it out on the counter one too … Read more
- Farming Worms: The Complete Vermicomposting GuideWhen a gardener digs into their soil and finds worms squirming around, they know they’ve got fertile grounds. These wiggly blind creatures are representative of healthy soils because of … Read more
- Can You Compost Pineapple?Every time I stick something strange and new in my compost pile I watch it like a hawk for the next week. If things seem slow I’m always worried … Read more
- What’s the difference between Compost and Fertilizer?Nourishing your plants is an essential part of gardening and plant care. Properly nourished plants grow faster, greener, and provide a more optimal yield than those lacking essential nutrients. … Read more